Thar she blows!!

How does it happen that my son, Koji, must pee at the most inconvenient times? For example, right after I have stripped off his pants, removed his diaper, wiped him down, let him air dry, applied diaper cream ... and just when I am about to put the fresh diaper on, suddenly the gusher appears. Before I can cover the deluge with any available absorbant material he has it all over himself, his onesie (probably the 3rd one I've dressed him in that day), the changing pad, and it is pooling under his backside! Aaahhhh! Is it the exposure to air that gives him the urge to go right then? Change in temperature? Or is he thinking, hey, mom has nothing better to do than clean me all over again! Or maybe he just enjoys the look on my face when it happens, so he does whatever he can to recreate the expression. It's a mystery to me. And on another note, poop always seems to happen JUST when I have put a fresh diaper on, even if I have just cleaned a poopy bottom! I should buy stock in diapers and wipes, seriously. And it's not like I can time his diaper changes, nature never calls on a predictable schedule. Ah, adventures in parenting, indeed! Oh I can't wait for potty training! Note liberal use of sarcasm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A long overdue update!